Recycling curbside pickup and garbage curbside pickup go hand in hand. This is why we offer recycling pickup programs. We aim to make our customers’ lives and experiences as simple and smooth as possible. Call us today and see how we can take care of all your waste management needs.
Set out at curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day.
- Tin and Aluminum Cans
- Glass bottles and jars (rinsed out)
- Plastic bottles, tubs, and containers are rinsed out, with the following codes only
- Newspapers, Office Paper, Envelopes, Junk Mail, Flyers & Other Newspaper Inserts
- Magazines & Other Glossy Papers
- Boxboard (eg. cereal boxes, laundry detergent boxes, shoe boxes)
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Soft Cover books
- Pizza Boxes with no liners, plastic tabs, or food debris remaining
- Cardboard must fit inside your Blue Box, or neatly placed at curbside in tied bundles (Natural String not Nylon String) not exceeding 90cm X 90cm X 10cm (36″x36″x4″)
- Waxed Paper & Paper Towels
- Containers that have contained Aerosols, Hazardous Chemicals or Paint
- Broken Glass, Windows, Mirrors, Light Bulbs, or Ceramics
- No plastic items WITH NO CODE or WITH The Following CODES
- Plastic Paint, Oil, Insecticide, Pesticide, or other Containers that may have once contained Chemicals or Prescription Medications
- Foil Coated Paper, Drinking Boxes, Styrofoam, or Milk Cartons
- Carbon Paper or NCR Paper
Wax Paper & Paper Towels ARE ACCEPTABLE in our Organics Collection Service
For information on how to recycle most of these items, please visit the Recycling Hotline or call 604-RECYCLE (732-9253)
If you need a blue box or bags, please call the office at 604-590-1857 and we will deliver them to you on your next recycling pickup day.